451 1-40

Live Blog 451 1-40
 

Comments

  1. @Gabby B I think that Bradbury is trying to warn us that if we don't do something about the way we use technology and the way technology is becoming a bigger and bigger part of our lives everyday that eventually we will become dead inside like the people in the book. I think he is warning us that technology will eventually become our life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ona M I think that the Hound somehow knows that Montag is hiding something. I think he acts the way he does towards Montag because he knows Montag is hiding books illegally and so I think that possibly the person controlling the Hound also knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Caroline W I think that by rewriting history, a society can become completely different. People will no longer know where they come from or how things got to the way they were then. I think by rewriting history you can also completely change how the people in a society act and what decisions they make. I think also by rewriting history, the same mistakes that happened before will repeat because people will not learn from the previous mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Class Why do you think that Mildred can't remember when and where her and Montag met?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jude C I think in this society, the people don't even realize they have a lack of choice. It is completely normal for them to do what they are told because that's all they've ever known. I think if you took away someone's ability to make choices once they already knew what it was like to be able to choose something else, then they would be angered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kennedy W I think that these sleeping pills and technologies are distracting people from the fact that they are not thinking. If they didn't have these distractions, they could possibly realize that something was off. I think the actual thing that is keeping people from thinking is the lack of literature and books and also the absence of learning critical thinking and such in school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vince I I think that Montag really is not in love but denies it because he doesn't realize that he doesn't love anyone. This lack of thinking in the society Montag lives in causes him not to think about the fact that he didn't really love his wife or anyone else until Clarisse mentioned it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ona I think that Clarisse is not dead but was possibly taken by the government or whoever has power because of her differences from the rest of the people. I think they didn't want individuals like Clarisse to show others what it was like to think because it would threaten their power.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog